Kathmandu, January 26
The Ministry of Health says 11 government hospitals in Kathmandu will open the Covid-19 vaccination drive at the same time on Wednesday.
Other hospitals outside the capital will also inaugurate the vaccination on the same day.
In the first phase, frontline health workers and security personnel will get the vaccines.
Dr Guna Raj Lohani, the chief of the Covid-19 Incident Command System at the Ministry of Health, says Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli will virtually inaugurate the campaign at the national level from his official residence in Baluwatar.
The following 11 hospitals in Kathmandu will be connected to the PM during the inaugural:
- Shukraraj Tropical and Infectious Disease Hospital
- Bir Hospital
- Ayurved Research and Training Centre, Kirtipur
- Patan Hospital
- Paropakar Maternity and Women’s Hospital
- Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital
- Bhaktapur Hospital
- Shahid Dharma Bhakta Organ Transplant Centre
- Kathmandu Medical College, Jorpati
- Armed Police Force Hospital
- Shahid Gangalal National Heart Centre