Kathmandu, April 29
Over one dozen districts of the country including the Kathmandu valley are in different kinds of lockdowns or prohibitory orders currently in their bid to control the spread of the coronavirus.
The government has said essential services will continue during this period also, but there are fears that if the public gets daily consumables and groceries regularly. Last year also, there had been instances of vehicles supplying these consumables barred.
Realising this, the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies has formed an emergency response team.
The ministry says the public can contact any of these five officials who are in the team in case they face difficulties in accessing necessary goods for their daily life:
- Prem Kumar Shrestha, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies: 9841526441
- Janak Raj Dahal, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs: 9851140003
- Shreeram Ghimire, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development: 9851151374
- Narayan Prasad Duwadi, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies: 9851222033
- Narayan Regmi, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies: 9851274674