Biratnagar, March 26
Province 1 Chief Minister Sher Dhan Rai has expanded his cabinet on Friday, inducting four leaders who defected either the CPN-Maoist Centre or the CPN-UML’s rival camp to support him of late.
Likewise, he promoted two state ministers as cabinet ministers.
The new ministers will take the oath of office and secrecy at 1 pm on Friday, informs Rai’s press advisor Dhruba Subedi. It is expected that the formal announcement of the cabinet expansion will be made after the swearing-in only.
But, sources close to the chief minister have revealed the following names as the new ministers:
- Tanka Angbohang (Formerly with Maoist Centre): Minister for Financial Affairs and Planning
- Usha Kala Rai (Formerly with UML rival camp): Minister for Social Development
- Kala Ghale (Formerly with UML rival camp): Minister of State for Agriculture
- Raj Kumar Ojha (Formerly with UML rival camp): Minister of State for Forests and Environment
Meanwhile, Rai also promoted two ministers of state to the positions of cabinet ministers. They are:
- Ram Rana (Formerly with UML rival camp): Minister for Land Management, Agriculture and Cooperatives (Minister of state until now)
- Ambir Babu Gurung: (Formerly with UML rival camp): Minister for Physical Development (Minister of state until now)