Kathmandu, May 1
The coach of the Nepal football team, Abdullah Al Mutairi has released a statement regarding the recent controversy surrounding the national football team. In the statement, Al Mutairi has asked the All Nepal Football Association to come up with a solution.
Al Mutairi in the statement addressed to ANFA‘s general secretary Indra Man Tuladhar has said that he is deeply hurt by the allegations made by the players and adds that despite that, he has forgiven the players who have left camp and has also asked ANFA not to take any actions against them.
“I, as a guardian of all players of the national team, can understand the impulse of the young blood that led to an uncomfortable situation,” he writes.
Even though he says that he has forgiven the players, he does add that he will not be taking the players to the Asian Cup Qualifiers as he believes that it is in the best interest of the team.
“I will take full responsibility for the performance of the national team,” he writes. “But I, as the coach and chief selector of the national team, have both the authority and responsibility to build a team.”
Ten players of the national team including Rohit Chand, Anjan Bista, Bimal Gharti Magar, Ananta Tamang, Bishal Rai, Bishal Shrestha, Sujal Shrestha, Tej Tamang, Dinesh Rajbanshi and Suman Lama left the camp after arguments with Al Mutairi. Al Mutairi has already called in new players to replace them.
The players say that they were compelled to leave the camp due to the Nepal football team coach Abdullah Al Mutairi. They accuse Al Mutairi of being disrespectful to them when they demanded basic rights for the players and add that due to him they had been facing problems off the pitch too.