Kathmandu, February 14
The Dahal-Nepal faction of the recently split Nepal Communist Party has announced the new phase of protest programmes against the dissolution of the House of Representatives.
The party announced the fourth phase of the programmes on Sunday. The party’s third-phase programmes had concluded on February 10 with a mass assembly in Kathmandu.
Speaking in a press conference in Kathmandu today, the party spokesperson Narayan Kaji Shrestha, announced different protest programmes beginning February 17 that will last till February 27.
Here are major highlights of the events:
- February 17-24: District-level demonstrations
- February 18: Human chain around Tundikhel in Kathmandu, protesting the House dissolution, cases of violence against women, and inflation
- February 19: Ward-level demonstrations
- February 19-27: Signature collection at various public places
- February 20: Interaction in Kathmandu
- February 21: Women-led demonstrations across the country
- February 22: Demonstrations led by ethnic groups
- February 26: Youth-led rally in Kathmandu
- February 27: Demonstrations led by farmers and landless squatters