Kathmandu, May 15
Despite the government implementing the two-day weekend provisions, the government will open outpatient departments (OPDs) at eight major government hospitals across the country on Sundays too, according to officials.
In general, the OPDs at government hospitals are shut on public holidays. Because the government decided to give public holidays every Sunday too, there were concerns that it would hamper citizens’ right to health.
To address this, officials made the decision.
Accordingly, the following hospitals opened their OPDs today also:
- Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu
- Kanti Children’s Hospital, Kathmandu
- Bir Hospital, Kathmandu
- Paropakar Maternity and Women’s Hospital, Kathmandu
- Karnali Provincial Hospital, Surkhet
- Naradevi Ayurveda Hospital, Kathmandu
- Pokhara Academy of Health and Sciences, Pokhara
- Bharatpur Hospital, Bharatpur