Kathmandu, January 17
The government has begun administering booster shots against Covid-19 to frontline workers in the Kathmandu valley on Monday.
Although the federal government had announced to begin the campaign from Sunday itself, the vaccination drive has begun in most of the places including in the Kathmandu valley on Monday only as local officials did not have any plan about this until last month.
According to the Department of Health Services, only the frontline workers will be given the booster shots in this phase. This will include health workers, security personnel, sanitation workers, journalists, ambulance drivers, and local government officials among others.
In the second phase, senior citizens above the age of 60 will get their additional dose after January 29 at the local level.
The Kathmandu District Health Office informs the booster doses are available at the following 17 places of the district currently:
- Nepal Army’s Birendra Hospital, Chhauni
- Nepal Police Hospital, Maharajgunj
- Armed Police Force Hospital, Balambu
- Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital, Maharajgunj
- Bir Hospital, Mahabauddha
- Paropakar Maternity and Women’s Hospital, Thapathali
- Shukraraj Tropical and Infectious Disease Hospital, Teku
- Civil Service Hospital, Naya Baneshwar
- Suvekchya Hospital, Sitapaila
- Janamaitri Hospital, Balaju
- People’s Dental College, Samakhusi
- Norvik Hospital, Thapathali
- Nobel Hospital, Sinamangal
- Vayodha Hospital, Balkhu
- Martyrs Memorial Hospital, Kalanki
- Naya Buspark, Gongabu
- Apex Polyclinic, Jadibuti