Kathmandu, August 22
Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba on Tuesday administered the oath of office and secrecy to 12 new state ministers recommended by his Nepali Congress party.
With the latest expansion, the Cabinet size has reached 47, including the PM, three deputy PMs, 23 ministers and 20 state ministers.
Just last week, another ruling coalition partner CPN-Maoist Centre had sent eight lawmakers to the Cabinet as state ministers.
Those inducted in the Cabinet today and their portfolios include:
- Sarita Prasain: Agricultural Development
- Amar Singh Pun: Irrigation
- Tejulal Chaudhary: Youth and Sports
- Dilman Pakhrin: Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs
- Abdul Rajjak: Water Supply and Sanitation
- Sheshnath Adhikari: Education
- Sita Gurung: Physical Infrastructure and Transport
- Nara Bahadur Chand: Commerce
- Tapta Bahadur Bista: Information and Communications
- Udaya Shamsher Rana: Finance
- Dilli Bahadur Chaudhary: Labour and Employment
- Champa Devi Khadka: Cooperatives and Poverty Alleviation