Kathmandu, October 15
Eleven persons have sustained injuries when a cooking gas cylinder exploded at a house in Naya Bajaar of Kathmandu on Thursday afternoon. Four of them are critical.
The explosion occurred on the ground floor of the house owned by Nil Kumari Chhetri, located at local Phalphul Chok, Kathmandu metropolitan city-16. It has been learned that a family was performing death rituals there.
Sankhalpa Chhetri, a witness says, the fuel had leaked while switching on the stove. There was a second cylinder also, which exploded after the leakage.
The critically injured four have been rushed to nearby Manmohan Hospital for further treatment.
Details of the incident are awaited.