Lawmaker Chandra Bhandari’s mother dead in fire caused by cooking gas leakage

Harikala-bhandari gas cyclinder explosion
Harikala Bhandari

Kathmandu, February 16

Nepali Congress lawmaker Chandra Bhandari’s mother has died of burn injuries she sustained in a fire caused by cooking gas leakage.

Hari Kala Bhandari succumbed to injuries during treatment on Thursday morning at the Nepal Cleft and Burn Center on the premises of Kirtipur Hospital, according to Dr Nijina Tamrakar, deputy director of the hospital.

Lawmaker Bhandari is also critically injured and preparations are underway to take him to Mumbai of India for further treatment.

The two were injured in the accident in their residence in Buddhanagar of Kathmandu on Wednesday night. Police’s preliminary investigation stated the two suffered burn injuries after a cooking gas cylinder exploded. But a team that investigated the scene on Thursday morning said the fire was caused by a gas leakage which was triggered by an electrical switch.

Both the stove and cooking gas were intact, informed police officials.

React to this post


New Old Popular