Kathmandu, September 9
Chief district officers of Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, and Lalitpur have decided to allow private and some public vehicles ply the roads of the capital on the odd-even rationing from Thursday onwards.
A meeting of the three officials on Wednesday decided to relax restrictions imposed under the prohibitory order that is in effect in the valley for the past three weeks.
According to the new order issued by the CDOs, public buses with more than 16-seat capacities can operate provided they only carry half of the capacity. However, the odd-even rationing will apply to them also.
Taxis have been allowed to take two passengers except the driver, on the odd-even basis.
The odd-even restriction will not apply to load-carrying vehicles.
Shops selling foodstuffs will open up to 11 am and between 5 pm and 7 pm every day whereas takeaway and home delivery are allowed from 2 pm to 7 pm. Cooperatives will operate from 11 am to 3 pm.
Meanwhile, the officials fixed certain days of the week to open other kinds of shops and businesses. The details are given below:
- Shopping malls, garment and cosmetic shops: Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays
- Kitchenware shops: Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays
- Furniture and automobile shops: Mondays, Wednesdays
- Street vendors, stationery shops, electric and electronic shops, departmental stores: Up to 11 am and 4-7 pm every day
- Automobile workshops: 8 am to 8 pm every day