Kathmandu, August 9
The Election Commission has finalised the calendar for the November 20 elections to be held to elect the federal House of Representatives and provincial assemblies.
Whereas a meeting of the election commissioners finalised and endorsed the calendar on Sunday, it will be made official after being published in the Nepal gazette, according to the election commissioner Ishwari Prasad Paudyal.
According to him, here are the major dates of the November 20 election calendar:
- Deadline for the registration of parties: August 16, 2022
- Submission of the closed list of proportional representation (PR) election candidates: September 18-19
- Filing nominations for the first-past-the-post (FPTP) election system: October 9
- The final list of the FPTP candidates: October 12
- Election campaigning and other preparations: October 12-November 17
- Voting: November 20
- Vote count: Immediately after the voting