Kathmandu, February 11
The former government secretary who led the team that revealed many plots of government land in Baluwatar of Kathmandu were sold to individuals has said he was disappointed by a recent decision of the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority about the issue.
Sharada Prasad Trital says the constitutional body did not indict all persons involved in the case.
” The decision that did not name as defendants those cabinets [PM] which made various decisions violating the laws about land, land revenue and good governance and those powerful persons who agreed to return the land have made well-wishers like me hopeless,” he said.
In its charge-sheet filed at the Special Court last week, the commission had spared former prime ministers Madhav Kumar Nepal and Baburam Bhattarai stating the commission could not investigate the cabinet decisions. Likewise, Navin Paudel, the son of ruling Nepal Communist Party’s General Secretary Bishnu Paudel, and sitting Supreme Court Justice Kumar Regmi, also did not face the charge after they agreed to return the land that was registered under their names.
Published on February 11th, Tuesday, 2020 2:25 PM
Related News Special Court summons 34 among 175 Baluwatar land scam defendants Nine lawmakers of ruling party against time limit for filing corruption cases Matatirtha land grab: After Baluwatar, govt prepares to probe another key corruption case