Kathmandu, January 17
The government on Wednesday nominated seven persons as province chiefs/governors, constitutional representatives of the president in each of the provinces.
Now, the President will appoint them authorising to work as her and the central government’s representative for the functioning of provincial governments.
Those recommended for the top positions include:
- Govinda Subba (Province 1)
- Ratneshwar Lal Kayastha (Province 2)
- Anuradha Koirala (Province 3)
- Baburam Kunwar (Province 4)
- Uma Kanta Jha (Province 5)
- Durga Keshar Khanal (Province 6)
- Mohan Raj Malla (Province 7)
Meanwhile, the Cabinet also named temporary provincial capitals today. Now, Biratnagar, Janakpur, Hetaunda, Pokhara, Rupandehi, Surkhet and Kailali will host provincial governments as temporary provincial capitals of provinces 1 to 7 respectively till concerned provincial assemblies fix the permanent capital.