Kathmandu, September 17
The government of Nepal on Friday received 4.4 million doses of Vero Cell Covid-19 vaccines from China.
Nepal Airlines aircraft delivered the vaccines at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu this afternoon, informs the Department of Health Services.
The government had purchased six million doses of the vaccines from China, but 1.6 million doses has already arrived.
Dr Sagar Dahal, the director of the Vaccination Division under the department, says the government will distribute these vaccines among various districts within a couple of days.
In particular, the government is preparing to launch vaccination campaigns in the following districts for the following categories:
- Taplejung, Solukhumbu, Rasuwa, Sankhuwasabha, Mugu, Rasuwa, Jumla, Humla, Dolpa, Bajura and Darchula: For all above 18 years of age
- Kavre and Chitwan: For all above 35
- Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Lalitpur, Makawanpur, Ramechhap, Sarlahi, and Achham: For all above 40
- Other districts: For all above 55
- Those who missed out on earlier vaccination campaigns among frontline and emergency service workers, teachers and students, and tourism workers