+

Rabindra Mishra calls Gen-Z protest a ‘foreign-intelligence-led revolt’

File: Rabindra Mishra, the chief of Bibeksheel Sajha Party
Rabindra Mishra

Kathmandu, August 23

Former senior vice-chair of the Rastriya Prajatantra Party (RPP), Rabindra Mishra, has described the events of September 8 and 9, 2025, as one of the world’s most successful “foreign-intelligence-led revolts.”

Mishra made the remarks in a Facebook post on Sunday, as the anniversary of the events approaches.

Reflecting on the incidents, Mishra said he had previously referred to September 8 as the “Gen-Z protest” and September 9 as an “infiltration revolt”. However, he said he had changed his description after watching fact-based espionage films, reading about revolts and reflecting on the events.

He claimed that unidentified international intelligence agencies had used the pain, dissatisfaction, anger and expectations of Nepali youths without their knowledge to carry out what he described as one of the most successful “intelligence-led revolts” in the world.

Mishra argued that the events were unprecedented in their scale, claiming that within six hours, three key institutions of the state—the executive, legislature and judiciary—as well as the residence of the head of state had been set on fire.

“I do not know of such an incident happening anywhere in the world,” he wrote.

He said it remains unclear whether the alleged planners succeeded in their subsequent objectives or whether they are still pursuing their mission.

Mishra further claimed that if confidential information about the planners, planning and execution of the September 8-9 events were ever made public, a Hollywood director could make a globally acclaimed espionage film based on them.

He argued that there have been many covert operations around the world in which local youths and citizens were used without their knowledge, with those involved believing that they were acting on their own while others were actually directing the operation.

“That is what happened in Nepal,” he claimed.

Mishra said Nepal must investigate the events of September 8 and 9, 2025, as deeply as possible if it wants to safeguard its long-term national interests.

He also called for a new understanding aimed at ensuring Nepal’s internal peace and stability as well as peace and stability in the wider region.

React to this post

Conversation

New Old Popular

Subscribe to our newsletter

Subscribe to Onlinekhabar English to get notified of exclusive news stories.