Kathmandu, November 10
The government has decided to vaccinate people living with chronic diseases with Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines from coming Sunday, November 14.
The Ministry of Health and Information says those with chronic diseases above the age of 12 will get vaccines from that day.
Earlier, the government had received over 100,000 doses of Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines as grant assistance from the United States government via the World Health Organization and the Covax initiative.
The first doses will be distributed from November 14 to 20 and the second doses from December 13 to 19, informs the ministry.
According to the ministry, the following vaccination centres have been designated:
- Bir Hospital, New Road
- Birendra Army Hospital, Chhauni
- Civil Service Hospital, Minbhawan
- Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital, Maharajgunj
- Shahid Gangalal National Heart Centre, Bansbari
- Patan Hospital, Patan
- Bhaktapur Cancer Hospital, Bhaktapur
- Shahid Dharma Bhakta Human Organ Transplant Centre, Bhaktapur
- Mechi Provincial Hospital, Jhapa
- BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan
- Koshi Hospital, Biratnagar
- Gajendra Narayan Singh Institute of Health Sciences, Rajbiraj
- Narayani Provincial Hospital, Birgunj
- Janakpur Provincial Hospital, Janakpur
- BP Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital, Bharatpur
- Dhulikhel Hospital, Dhulikhel
- Pokhara Institute of Health Sciences, Pokhara
- Dhaulagiri Hospital, Baglung
- Lumbini Provincial Hospital, Butwal
- Rapti Insittute of Health Sciences, Dang
- Bheri Hospital, Nepalgunj
- Karnali Provincial Hospital, Surendra
- Seti Provincial Hospital, Dhangadhi
- Dadeldhura Hospital, Amargadhi