Kathmandu, September 5
The Kathmandu city government has issued a seven-day ultimatum to seven casinos to pay outstanding revenues in the next seven days, warning the city government would take action against them if the ultimatum was not heeded.
The city government says the casinos located at various star hotels have not paid entertainment tax since the fiscal year 2018/19. The provincial Financial Act has it that each casino has to pay Rs 50 per customer in the entertainment tax to the local government.
The following companies are yet to pay the outstanding revenues, according to the city government:
- Deltin Casino, Marriott Hotel
- Casino Palace, Hotel De L’ Annapurna
- Casino Rad, Radisson Hotel
- Pride Entertainment and Recreation, Hyatt Recency
- Casino Mahjong, Hotel Soaltee
- Balco Casino, Hotel Aloft
- Bally’s Nepal Casino, Malla Hotel