Kathmandu, October 8
The Madhav Kumar Nepal-led CPN-Unified Socialist has decided to pick a ‘pen’ as the election symbol of the party.
A meeting of the party’s standing committee on Thursday made the decision, informs the party’s publicity department chief Jagannath Khatiwada.
The pen has been registered as the election symbol of the CPN-Unified at the Election Commission, but the small party is merging with the CPN-Unified Socialist soon, Khadiwada says.
New party officials
Meanwhile, the party appointed four new officials on Thursday.
The newly appointed officials are as follows:
- Deputy general secretary: Jagannath Khatiwada
- Secretaries: Garima Shah, Jeevan Ram Shrestha, Bhagabat Bishwashi
With the change, the party has the following officials in its central committee in total
- Chairperson: Madhav Kumar Nepal
- Two leaders above other officials in the party hierarchy: Jhala Nath Khanal (senior leader), Mukunda Neupane (leader)
- Vice-chairpersons: Rajendra Pandey, Pramesh Hamal, Ghanendra Basnet, Kedar Neupane, Keshav Lal Shrestha, Dharma Nath Sah, Jayanti Rai
- General Secretary: Bedu Ram Bhusal
- Deputy general secretaries: Prakash Jwala, Ganga Lal Tuladhar, Bijaya Paudel, Jagannath Khatiwada
- Secretaries: Nagendra Chaudhary, Rajendra Rai, Ram Kumari Jhakri, Garima Shah, Jeevan Ram Shrestha, Bhagabat Bishwashi