Kathmandu, November 16
One woman died in a fire incident in the Bhaktapur district on Wednesday morning.
The victim has been identified as Asmita KC (25), a resident of Raitole, Madhyapur Thimi municipality-6 of the district.
Raju Pandey, the information officer of the District Police Range, says a three-storey mud house owned by Aatma Ram KC and Hari Sharan KC caught the fire.
The victim, Aatma Ram’s daughter, was suffering from paralysis and some mental issues, hence she could not come out during the fire, according to police.
Titma KC (14), however, was rescued and taken to a nearby hospital on time to treat her burn injuries, the police say, adding, she has already been discharged.