Kathmandu, April 11
Tharu Journalist Association has unanimously elected Pradip Kumar Lekhi as its president. The 5th national convention held in Nawalpur this weekend unanimously elected 25 members under the leadership of Lekhi.
The detail of the new executive committee is given below:
- President: Pradip Kumar Lekhi
- Senior vice-president: Santa Kumar Chaudhary
- Vice-presidents: Kuldip Chaudhary (Province 1), Pratima Chaudhary (Madesh), Kishor Chaudhary (Bagmati) Sahadev Chaudhary (Kathmandu), and Sanju Chaudhary (Lumbini) (three additional vice-presidents to be appointed later from Gandaki, Karnali, and Sudurpaschim province)
- General secretary: Laxmi Chaudhary
- Deputy general secretary: Bijay Chaudhary
- Secretaries: Deepsikha Chaudhary and Lilanath Chaudhary
- Treasurer: Kari Mahato
- Members: Sabi Chaudhary, Dhirendra Chaudhary, Manoj Chaudhary, Dinesh Kumar Chaudhary, Raj Chaudhary, Janak Chaudhary, Nabin Chaudhary, and Sumitra Chaudhary (two additional members to be elected later)
Meanwhile, Bishnu Chaudhary, the chairman of the Tharu Commission, launched the Tharu Journalist Association’s manifesto, a book entitled ‘Prabhasma Tharu’ and a calendar published by the Chitwan branch of the association.
Meanwhile, Thakur Singh Tharu and Dushyant Chaudhary were honoured with the OCS National Journalism Award for 2021 and 2022 respectively. Likewise, Bunu Tharu received Jokhan-Jagat Ratgaiya Journalism Award 2078. Lakhan Dahit was awarded the Jokhan-Jagat Ratgaiya Journalism Award 2022 and received Rs 10,000 and a certificate.