Kathmandu, September 16
The Department of Drug Administration says hand sanitiser from four companies has been found harmful to human health as they contained poisonous chemicals.
The department has urged the public not to use them.
Producers and distributors of these companies have been told to withdraw their products from the market.
Here are the four brands of sanitiser which have been found harmful:
- Opecal non-washing anti-bacterial solution 120 ml (Made in China)
- Sasa instant hand sanitiser 50 ml (Made in Nepal)
- Pamacare instant hand sanitiser 60 ml (Made in India)
- Unicare instant hand sanitiser 65 ml (Made in Nepal)
Earlier on Saturday, the department had announced that the following brands were found harmful:
- Instant hand sanitiser produced by Nepal Kayakalpa Udhyog
- Instant hand sanitiser original produced by Hygiene Soup and Chemical Pvt Ltd
- Advanced hand sanitiser produced by Aadhar Chemicals and Food Industry Pvt Ltd
- Instant hand sanitiser refreshing gel produced by Search Chem Cum Herbal Products
- Suryamukhi herbal sanitiser produced by Suryamukhi Herbal Products