Kathmandu, August 5
The Kathmandu chapter of the Nepalese Young Entrepreneurs’ Forum (NYEF) has called for nominations from startups across the country for three awards it is presenting in September.
The chapter says the NYEF KTM Startup Awards is a premier competition and boot camp for enthusiastic and driven entrepreneurs who aim to nurture their startup into a scalable business. The event is targeted towards startups who have been in the market for less than five years.
The chapter says it will offer a prize of Rs 150,000 and Rs 75,000 for first and second award winners, and Rs 50,000 for the People’s Choice Award.
“The event will include an intense mentorship programme where the participating businesses will present their ideas in front of a panel of judges.”
The chapter says the following criteria have been set for the nominations:
- The entity should be officially recognised and registered with the government of Nepal. They should submit the copy of company Registration, PAN and VAT (if applicable). Any entities registered outside Nepal or has a parent sister concern outside Nepal will not be eligible.
- The entity should have been in operation within five years and not more than that.
- The entity should have a product or service in place.
- The entity must submit the latest audited financial statements. In case of unavailability of audited financial statements, an entity may submit a provisional financial statement.
- The entity should be able to commit its time as required for the participation.
- An entity owned by any NYEF member shall not be eligible.