Kathmandu, November 12
The government has Rs 11.399 billion in arrears as the end of the last fiscal year (mid-July), says the Financial Comptroller General Office.
The office says it calculated the arrears during an internal audit of the government agencies recently. The Office of the Auditor-General is yet to check the accounts as the final audit.
The Financial Comptroller General Office shared the information as it submitted its internal audit report to Finance Minister Bishnu Paudel on Thursday.
In the fiscal year, the government had spent Rs 1.093 trillion in total.
These five agencies have the highest amounts of arrears in the last fiscal year:
- Local governments (in total): Rs 4.224 billion
- Ministry of Physical Development and Transport: Rs 1.84 billion
- Ministry of Health and Population: Rs 1.52 billion
- Ministry of Defence: Rs 989 million
- National Reconstruction Authority: Rs 601 million