Kathmandu, June 28
As the government decided to reopen domestic flights suspended since May from this Thursday, July 1, onwards, the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal has finalised the flight schedule for the initial days.
According to the plan, the Kathmandu airport will carry 64 domestic flights a day. There will be a maximum of five flights in an hour.
The airline companies have already opened ticket booking.
Below is given the number of flights and their destinations each airline company will operate every day from Kathmandu:
- Buddha Air: 31 (5 to Bhairahawa, 4 to Biratnagar, 3 to Bhadrapur, 3 to Simara, 3 to Janakpur, 3 to Bhairahawa, 3 to Pokhara, 3 to Nepalgunj, 2 to Dhangadhi, 1 to Tumlingtar, 1 to Surkhet,
- Yeti Airlines: 15 (3 to Biratnagar, 2 to Bhadrapur, 2 to Janakpur, 2 to Simara, 2 to Pokhara, 2 to Bhairahawa, 2 to Nepalgunj)
- Shree Airlines: 7 (2 each to Nepalgunj and Dhangadhi; 1 each to Bhadrapur, Biratnagar, and Bhairahawa)
- Saurya Airlines: 3 (1 each to Bhadrapur, Biratnagar, and Bhairahawa)
- Sita Air, Tara Air and Summit Air: 8 (to Lukla, Phaplu, Dolpa, and Simkot)