Dang, February 11
Five persons died when a house caught fire in Tulsipur sub-metropolitan city-5 of the Dang district in Lumbini on Friday morning.
The victims include four minors and a 40-year-old man, informs DSP Shyamu Aryal of the Tulsipur Area Police Post.
The fire began spreading at around 2 am today and the bodies were taken out at around 7:30 am.
Three people were found dead on the third floor and two on the fourth. Currently, the bodies have been kept at the Rapti Provincial Hospital, Tulsipur.
Another person has sustained injuries and is undergoing treatment at the Rapti Provincial Hospital, Tulsipur, Dang.
Preliminary investigations suggest an electricity metre exposed to spark the fire.
Security officials, locals and a fire engine of the local government had doused the fire.