Kathmandu, April 7
The government has begun using Vero Cell Covid-19 vaccines donated by China from Wednesday.
The vaccines will be distributed at 14 hospitals of the Kathmandu valley among the selected group of people.
The government says students, traders and others preparing to go to China soon will be vaccinated in this phase. Likewise, emergency service workers including those working in hotel, industry, advertising and internet industries, professors, and vendors of medicines, fruits and vegetables will also be inoculated.
Earlier, China had donated 800,000 doses of the vaccines to Nepal.
Here is the list of the hospitals where the vaccination has begun:
- Bir Hospital
- Paropakar Maternity and Women’s Hospital
- Shukraraj Tropical and Infectious Disease Hospital
- Civil Service Hospital
- National Ayurveda Research and Training Centre
- Nepal Medical College, Attarkhel
- Kathmandu Medical College, Sinamangal
- Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital
- Shahid Gangalal National Heart Centre
- Birendra Hospital
- Nepal APF Hospital
- Nepal Police Hospital
- Om Hospital and Research Centre
- Chhetrapati Free Clinic