Kathmandu, December 1
Over the past few weeks, a series of demonstrations have been organised in major cities of the country demanding monarchy be reinstated in Nepal. A similar demonstration has been held in Kathmandu on Monday.
Although most of these demonstrations are of similar nature, they, interestingly, are organised by different political parties and groups. For example, a group called Rastriya Shakti Nepal was behind the rally in Kathmandu yesterday. But, in Dhangadhi, another group called Swatantra Deshbhakta Nagarik staged the demo.
Along with monarchy, the demonstrates have also demanded the reinstatement of Nepal as a Hindu state.
Here are some of the major forces that have been organising royalists to demonstrate demanding the reinstatement of the monarchy in Nepal:
- Rastriya Shakti Nepal, led by former Rastriya Prajatantra Party leader Keshar Bahadur Bista
- Nepali Congress (BP), led by Haribol Bhattarai
- Nepali Congress (Rastrawadi), led by Prakash Koirala
- Shiva Sena Nepal
- Vishwa Hindu Mahasangh (World Hindu Federation)
- Swatantra Deshbhakta Nagarik
- Bir Gorkhali
- Some individuals such as advocates Bal Krishna Neupane and Surendra Bhandari
Meanwhile, the Rastriya Prajatantra Party, the only royalist force that has its presence in the federal parliament, says it is also preparing to stage demonstrations across the country, expressing its solidarity with the ongoing movement.