Kathmandu, September 19
The Prachanda government is preparing to send documents related to appointment of Lok Man Singh Karki as chief commissioner for the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority to the Supreme Court.
This is a departure from the government’s earlier stance, which had expressed inability to produce the file pointing at what it called ‘loss’ of the dossier in last year’s quakes.
Subsequently, the apex court had told the government to produce the file within seven days and threatened to initiate legal action against officials concerned otherwise.
According to a source, Minister for Health Gagan Thapa had raised questions about the dossier at the meeting of the Council of Ministers on Sunday.
When Prime Minister Prachanda inquired about the documents, Chief Secretary Som Lal Subedi said they have not vanished, they are at the Office of the Prime Minister.
We replied earlier that documents related to Karki’s appointment have been misplaced, not lost. We have found the file and informed the apex court about the same.
We replied earlier that documents related to Karki’s appointment have been misplaced, not lost, Subedi told PM. We have found the documents and informed the apex court about the same, Subedi said. The Supreme Court is reviewing its earlier verdict that legalised the appointment of Karki as CIAA chief.