One critical as IED goes off in Lahan

An improvised explosive device in a pressure cooker that went off, in Lahan on Thursday, February 22, 2018.

Siraha, February 22

An improvised explosive device has gone off at a busy market area in Lahan, the district headquarters of Siraha, on Thursday.

Local Anil Agrawal sustained critical injuries in the incident, according to police. He is undergoing treatment at a local health facility.

The device was hidden inside a pressure cooker which was kept in a sack in front of local Shubha Laxmi Store, at the Sahid Chok, informs DSP Ganesh Chand of nearby Area Police Office.

Details about who planted the explosive and the motive have not been ascertained. Police say they are looking into the case.

Meanwhile, the explosion has created a sense of terror among locals, traders and businesspersons in particular.

React to this post


New Old Popular