Dhangadhi woman killed in fire after cooking gas leakage

Representative file image

Dhangadhi, October 15

A woman has died of burn injuries after a cooking gas leakage sparked a fire in Dhangadhi sub-metropolitan city of Kailali.

The victim has been identified as Birma Bista, 65, of Dhangadhi-8. Her husband, Hari Lal, 70, and daughter-in-law, Maheshwari, 15, are also injured in the incident of Wednesday morning.

The woman breathed her last during treatment in Kathmandu on Thursday, according to DSP Prateek Bista, the acting chief of Kailali District Police Office. Other two are undergoing treatment in Kathmandu.

Immediately after the incident, they were rushed to local Maya Metro Hospital, which referred the case to a capital-based health facility.

React to this post


New Old Popular

Subscribe to our newsletter

Subscribe to Onlinekhabar English to get notified of exclusive news stories.