Kathmandu, October 14
Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has expanded his cabinet on Wednesday.
In a statement on late Wednesday evening, the President’s Office informs the president made various changes in the cabinet as recommended by the prime minister.
The following three ministers have been added:
- Bishnu Paudel: Minister for Finance
- Krishna Gopal Shrestha: Minister for Urban Development
- Lila Nath Shrestha: Minister for Women, Children and Senior Citizens
Likewise, Oli also reshuffled his cabinet by making the following changes:
- Deputy Prime Minister Ishwar Pokharel has been removed from the Ministry of Defence. Oli himself will look after the ministry. Instead, Pokharel will look after the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers.
- Minister Parbat Gurung has been shifted to the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology from the Ministry of Women, Children and Senior Citizens.
With the recent expansion, the cabinet has 25 members, the most that it can induct as per the constitution.
Dahal, Nepal factions dissatisfied
Meanwhile, leaders close to the ruling party’s another chairperson Pushpa Kamal Dahal and senior leader Madhav Kumar Nepal have expressed their dissatisfaction over the expansion as all three new ministers are close to Oli.