Kathmandu, March 28
Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba is visiting India this weekend. In a statement, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs says Deuba will go to New Delhi on Friday, April 1 and return home on Sunday, April 3.
The entourage of the prime minister will comprise the Minister for Foreign Affairs Narayan Khadka, other senior ministers, secretaries and officials of the Government of Nepal, informs the ministry. Likewise, Deuba’s wife Arzu Rana Deuba will also be there.
Here will be major events that Deuba will engage in during the trip:
- A courtesy call on Indian Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu
- Delegation-level talks with Indian counterpart Narendra Modi, at Hyderabad House, on April 2
- A luncheon hosted by Modi in his honour
- Meetings with Indian External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval
- A gathering of business leaders in New Delhi
- A visit to Varanasi
Earlier, Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba was scheduled to visit India in January. However, it was cancelled owing to the third wave of the Covid pandemic in both countries.
Meanwhile, the Indian Ministry of External Affairs also announced the visit today.