Saptari tense after boy electrocuted

Students protest after electrocution took the life of a fellow student at Shiva International Boarding Secondary School.

Janakpurdham, May 26

A student has died of electrocution in Saptari.

The deceased has been identified as Pesla Nanda Yadav, 15, a grade 10 student at Shiva International Boarding Secondary School in Rajbiraj from Rajgadh rural municipality.

Yadav was critically injured after touching an 11,000-volt wire in school.

He was rushed to Gajendra Narayan Singh Hospital where he breathed his last, said DSP Naresh Kumar Singh. He said investigations were ongoing.

The students protested stating the incident took place due to the school’s neglegince. DSP Singh said students protested by blocking the road and burning tyres as they demanded compensation from the school.

The situation is now normal, said DSP Singh.

React to this post


New Old Popular

Related News