Kathmandu, September 23
The newly registered CPN-Unified Socialist has divided the roles and responsibilities of its central leaders by appointing various officials.
A meeting of the party’s central committee finalised the names, according to the party leader Jagannath Khatiwada.
Here is the full list*:
- Chairperson: Madhav Kumar Nepal
- Two leaders above other officials in the party hierarchy: Jhala Nath Khanal (senior leader), Mukunda Neupane (leader)
- Vice-chairpersons: Rajendra Pandey, Pramesh Hamal, Ghanendra Basnet, Kedar Neupane, Keshav Lal Shrestha, Dharma Nath Sah, Jayanti Rai
- General Secretary: Bedu Ram Bhusal
- Deputy general secretaries: Prakash Jwala, Ganga Lal Tuladhar, Bijaya Paudel
- Secretaries: Nagendra Chaudhary, Jagannath Khatiwada, Rajendra Rai, Ram Kumari Jhakri
Meanwhile, the party decided to form a 35-member standing committee, a 71-member politburo, and a 301-member central committee, according to Khatiwada.