Bharatpur, November 28
Two children died in a fire incident at Mainatar of the Rapti municipality-1 in the Chitwan district on Saturday.
The house of Jit Bahadur Rumba in the locality was burnt down in the fire, leading to the death of his three-year-old grandson Suraj and three-year-old granddaughter Manisha, say the police.
A short circuit of a solar battery is blamed for the incident.
Clothing, food items, utensils and other materials in the house were destroyed in the blaze that took place when family members of Rumba were away, DSP Narahari Adhikari informs.
The bodies of the deceased have been sent to the Bharatpur Hospital for a postmortem.
Although the fire incident occurred on Saturday, it came to light on Sunday only due to geographical difficulties, he says.