
Kathmandu, August 17
New Zealand fast bowler Scott Kuggeleijn will return to the Sudurpaschim Royals for the third edition of the Nepal Premier League (NPL).
The Royals announced Kuggeleijn’s re-signing through a statement on Monday, making him their second overseas signing for the upcoming season.
Kuggeleijn was among the leading wicket-takers in the inaugural edition of the NPL, taking 17 wickets in nine matches. He finished joint-top of the wicket-taking charts.
In the second edition, he claimed 10 wickets in nine matches for the Royals.
The third edition of the NPL is scheduled to begin on October 26. Sudurpaschim had earlier signed England all-rounder Saif Zaib as their first overseas player for the upcoming season.
Royals Chief Executive Officer Prakash Khadka said the franchise was delighted to welcome Kuggeleijn back.
“We expect him to make the same contribution he made in the first and second editions. We believe he will play an important role in helping us win our first title,” Khadka said.
Sudurpaschim have retained captain Dipendra Singh Airee, along with Binod Bhandari, Aarif Sheikh, Ishan Pandey, Abinash Bohara, Hemant Dhami and Hikmat Mahara for the third edition.
The franchise signed Deepak Bohara, Milan Bohara, Tek Rawat, Anil Kharel, Sachin Bhatta and Aayush Chand through the auction.