Seasonal change is one of the biggest factors for common cold and illnesses in children. But, you can boost up their immunity with the use of some ayurvedic dietary supplements easily available in the market. Among them, ‘Chyawanprash’, a mixture of dozens of herbs and food products, can be a good option to help your family stay healthy during challenging times.
Children are vulnerable to illness since their immune system is still developing. Therefore, you need to feed them with the right food to stay healthy during winter. Foods like Chyawanprash are natural immunity boosters which will help them sail through the seasonal changes.
Children are frequently exposed to disease-producing organisms. A strong immune system provides them with the natural defence to fight off diseases. You need to strengthen your child’s immune system with a daily dosage of Chyawanprash.
Chyawanprash from Indian brands such as Dabur, Patanjali, Baidyanath, Zandu, Himalaya Herbals, Apollo Life and Hamdard is easily available in Nepal. They claim their product comes into the market with the goodness of around 45 ayurvedic herbs.
Here is a brief description of the common ingredients of Chyawanprash and their health benefits.
1. Ashwagandha: It has miraculous health benefits to body and brain.
2. Saffron: Also known as ‘zafaran’ or ‘kesar’, saffron acts as a medical treatment for multiple diseases. The thread-like part of the saffron flower is used for many health and medicinal purposes. Saffron act as a health restorative and helps keep one energetic and active.
3. Cardamom: It keeps your immunity intact. Cardamom is a seed pod, known for centuries for its anti-oxidant, disease-preventing, and health-promoting properties. It is also a good source of minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
4. Honey: Bees produce honey from the sugary secretions of plants or other insects. Honey is said to facilitate better physical performance and resistance to fatigue, promote higher mental efficiency and also help in weight management.
5. Bilva: Ayurveda values the bilva (Aegle marmelos) for its root skin, fruit and leaves that has high medicinal properties for strengthening immunity.
6. Amala: Amala (Phyllanthus emblica) is a great source of antioxidants which helps in boosting immunity.
7. Pippali: Also called long pepper, it is the traditional herb recommended in the treatment of cough, cold, respiratory ailments and diseases of the abdomen.
8. Ghee: Ghee is full of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) and healthy fatty acids. Its benefits can range from building stronger bones to managing weight, and strengthening eyesight. It also acts as a body cleanser as it removes impurities from your body.
9. Yashtimadhu: Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) enhances immunity by boosting levels of interferon, an important component of the immune system. It is considered useful in cough.