somersby

Short circuit sparks fire in Bhaktapur during Laxmipuja

Kathmandu, November 8

Property worth Rs 1.1 million was reduced to ashes when a residential house caught fire in Lokanthali, Madhyapur Thimi Municipality-1 of Bhaktapur district on Wednesday night.

Police say a short circuit from the lights illuminated to celebrate Laxmipuja festival sparked the fire at the house of Bishnu Narsingha Hyaju. The fire had begun from the room rented by Binod Dhungel.

Chief of the Metropolitan Police Sector in Sano Thimi, Ramesh Rai, says the short circuit occurred after Dhungel left his room with all the lights switched on.

The fire gutted 10 tola gold ornaments, Rs 500,000 cash, two laptops, one desktop, one wooden cupboard and clothes, according to Rai.

Firefighters, police and locals contained the fire in next one and half hours.


Published on November 8th, Thursday, 2018 10:50 AM


Download Onlinekhabar App. Android click here & IOS click here . Keep in touch with us on Facebook, Twitter & YouTube.

Related News Chitlang: The historical valley on the Rolls Royce trail (Part II) Officials search for land to construct international stadium in Bhaktapur Nepali town turns to the past for solutions to current water crisis

No Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

?>

You May Like This